Tuesday, July 25, 2017
Best Sentencing Practices in the Middle District of Pennsylvania
A federal criminal sentencing is a complex process, often starting long before any party appears before the District Court. The Federal Practice Committee of the Pennsylvania Bar Association has assembled a panel representing the participants in that process to draw from their vast and diverse experience and share the best sentencing practices from the government, defense counsel, probation office, district and appellate court perspectives.
The program will be followed by a one-hour networking reception.
1 substantive CLE credit
Registration Fee: $40.00
Start time: 3:00 p.m. -- Check-in begins at: 2:30 p.m.
Location: The program will be held in one of the 4th floor courtrooms at the William J. Nealon Federal Bldg. & U.S. Courthouse, 235 N. Washington Avenue, Scranton, PA 18503
- Hon. Thomas I. Vanaskie, United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- Hon. Christopher C. Conner, Chief Judge, United States District Court, Middle District of Pennsylvania
- Bruce Brandler, United States Attorney, Middle District of Pennsylvania
- Heidi R. Freese, Assistant Federal Public Defender, Federal Public Defender Designee, Middle District of Pennsylvania
- Douglas S. Moyle, Supervising United States Probation Officer, Middle District of Pennsylvania
- Melinda C. Ghilardi, Co-Vice Chair of the PBA Federal Practice Committee, First Assistant Federal Public Defender, Middle District of Pennsylvania
- Philip Gelso, PBA Federal Practice Committee Member, Law Offices of Philip Gelso
PBA Federal Practice Committee Chair: Hon. D. Michael Fisher, United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit