Student Internships (Non-paid Temporary Positions)
Positions available immediately. 10-40 hours a week in the Clerk's Offices located in Scranton, Harrisburg, and Williamsport, Pennsylvania. (Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall semesters.)
- May provide administrative support for the Clerk's office by assisting deputy clerks with periodic, special or short term projects such as filing and copying documents in accordance with court rules, etc.;
- May provide administrative support for senior management staff.
- May provide technical and administrative support for information management systems staff in their technology projects;
- May assist in daily jury activities involving interaction with the public, attorneys and staff. Learn jury procedures governed by 28 U.S.C. Section 1861-1869, Jury Selection and Service Act. Learn how to qualify individuals for jury service. Observe and assist with actual jury selection procedures in the courtroom.
- May assist in court proceedings.